Listening to the other person and accepting different views is just as important as discussing and proving one’s arguments. To ensure a civilised, solution-focused and constructive atmosphere of exchange of views, we ask all participants to remember and follow some “rules of the game”:
- We respect the time, the discussion leader and all other festival attendees.
- We prove what we argue.
- We listen – listening is just as important as speaking.
- We are objective in our discussions with other people.
- We react to the idea, not the person.
- Solution-centeredness – if we criticise, we offer solutions.
- If possible, we do not use presentation materials in discussions – let the person speak, not PowerPoint.